Hey guys! Today I’ll be sharing with you some of my tips and tricks on how I keep my hair (somewhat) healthy + how I style my hair!
I unfortunately don’t have any tips how to grow your hair. My hair just naturally grows long super fast. It just genetics for me. I apoloigze sincerely about that!
Let’s get started:
STARTING OFF WITH SHOWERING:
I wash my hair basically once or twice a week. It really depends on how I feel. Haha!
In the shower, I only shampoo my roots and condition my ends. When I put condition on my hair I let it sit for about a minute. Does it do anything? Not sure, I just saw someone say that they do it and I wanted to give it a try. I’ve been doing it and seems like my ends are softer.
The shampoo and condition I use are, OGX Biotin & Collagen (Shampoo) and A Garner Fructis (Conditioner).
(Just want to give a little side note, that I am trying to finish up these products before trying something newer and cleaner. I want to make the switch to using more vegan/cleaner products. Unfortunately, I am the only one who uses these products ATM and I don’t want to waste them. If you have any suggestions on products, let me know down in the comments!)
AFTER I SHOWER:
I use Jojoba Oil in my hair (right after I get out of the shower). Jojoba oil is great as it hydrates and moisturizes. I don’t use this on my scalp specifically though because it does make it very very oily! (Only use it on scalp if you plan on showering right after!) I only put this on the middle to ends of my hair.
I use a Claw tooth comb! This just works better as it is easier to clean when my hair comes out and probably more sanitary than your regular brush! I do use this in the shower as well when I apply my conditioner!
THE DAY AFTER I SHOWER:
I don’t put any HEAT in my hair the day after I shower!!!! No styling, no tying up, not even brushing!
I only use hair clips! I barely use hair ties anymore! Basically only when I workout. (Only sometimes though)
I use the Conair 1 1/2 inch curler.
I always always always use heat protectant spray!!!! I use the Tresemme one! Not only does it protect your hair from the heat damage, but the performance of heat protectant spray effects the styling in a positive way. Meaning, I feel like it curls better than it would without the spray.
I barely straighten my hair, if I do, its for photos. But that’s rare, you’ll usually see my hair curled!
I NEVER curl the ENDS of my hair!!! I just started doing this and it really has helped my hair! This causes less damage and less split ends!
I sleep with silk pillow cases.
I haven’t cut my hair since 2018. I’m due for a trim. lol
I haven’t dyed my hair since 2018. (trust me, I really want to! I’m just poor.)
When I put my hair up into a bun, I try not to put my ends in it. I might look weird asf, but I try to help out my ends as much as possible.
I don’t blow dry my hair, only air dry!
I don’t put my hair up with a towel, if it’s dripping, I just pat it with a towel.
That’s pretty much it! I feel like I don’t do much to my hair, but I do want to start incorporating cleaner products into my routine. Hope you guys enjoyed this blog!
Hey everyone! Today I’m going to share my experience doing Chole Ting’s 2 week ab workout! This video is SO popular. So I’m sure you’ve seen it before! (I’ll be linking this down below!)
I wanted to try this out because a TON of people have been posting YouTube videos on there results. My aunt also sent it to me. (Is she trying to tell me something? Idk… lol) Some results are INSANE!! Literally just look it up. I want to say that I know just because they got really good results, does not mean that I get good ones too! I just got super inspired to try this out and it’s only two weeks and 10 mins. We’re all in quarantine at the moment, so I figured why not. I already work out pretty frequently throughout the week, but I don’t go to hard on ab workouts. So, I was a little nervous, but not too scared.
The first few days:
So, I’m not going to lie. I DIED. This workout routine is not super high intensity, (to me at least) but it’s tiring. I was definitely sore the next couple of days doing this daily! My arms were sore, back was broke, and abs was hard as rock. (Or so it felt like that, lol.) Also, I’m just point it out now that you WILL sweat. Every. Single. Day. Or at least I did. Lol. (I sweat kind of easily)
The first week:
Once the first week was done, I felt so freaking accomplished. I don’t think I’ve ever worked out on a daily basis for an entire week before. So, I guess you can say. MY BODY WAS TIRED. I remember waking up so freaking exhausted every single day because my body was not used to working out that much! I dreaded this at some point! BUT I still had to get the job done! I really recommend doing this work out in the morning because you’ll feel so much better throughout your day. Working out in the morning in general is so much better than working out at night. Just my opinion.
I was definitely counting down the days to when I was officially done. I hear a lot of people say that the workout gets easier as the days go by, but honestly it kind of felt the same to me. It was still super tiring and I was still sweating. I have never felt so relieved on the last day when I did not have to do this work out the next! I also rest of my body for like an entire week before I started working out again.
The top picture is my before, the bottom picture is the after. As you can tell, there is somewhat of a difference. But, you don’t see any abs. Again, I was not expecting myself to magically get abs in two weeks, but I’m still proud of where I have gotten. Also, I’m not going to lie. I still look like the top picture throughout the day. Don’t let the pictures fool you.
Things that happened:
This is not going to happen to everybody. These are just the things that have happened to me while doing this workout routine.
1. MY BOOBS were soooooooo sore. You do some workouts in the plank position where you are jumping. So, I am just assuming that that’s what made my boobs sore. I usually did a little bit of arms and legs after I did this workout as well, but it’s nothing out of my normal routine already. But for some reason, my boobs were so sore. And NO. It was not the time of the month.
2. Be prepared to sweat. Again, I am a person who sweats very easily, so this might not happen to you. But, having that said, I had to shower every single day. I also had to wash my laundry quiet often because I only have so many sports bras. 😅
3. You’re going to be tired. As I said before above, I woke up every day feeling so exhausted. Make sure you’re drinking a ton of water after you’re doing this work out and getting a lot of rest. Especially if you do not work out a ton. I workout pretty frequently, but doing this made me feeling like staying in bed all day!
I have a love/hate relationship with food. Trying to find a certain eating habit that works for me is SO DIFFICULT. I don’t know what is considered healthy for me to eat for the type of “look” I want. I also don’t like putting restrictions on the foods that I LOVE. I strongly believe that you can still be healthy/ be in shape AND eat what you love! (Deep fried food, fast food, etc.) Obviously, you have to restrict yourself on foods that you love (certain foods) if you want to look a specific way, but I think completely cutting off the foods you love is stupid. I see all of these “healthy” recipes online all the time. But how am I going to know that that’s actually going to work for me? Plus, a lot of the times the recipes don’t even taste that good. I have taught myself to not eat until I am completely bloated or where I want to puke. I eat very little meals, but just more often throughout the day. I’m not going to lie. Throughout this entire two weeks, I eat anything and everything I wanted to. I gave myself no restrictions.
Am I going to continue to do this? Yes and no. I will probably incorporate some of the work outs that she does in this video into my routine. But I definitely will not do this on a daily basis because it is so tiring. Also, I’m not going to say that I will never do it again because I might on random days.
I gave my body at least a week to rest. Going back into working out though, I can definitely tell that my abdominal core has gotten stronger. Doing ab workouts now has been super easy. So, if you want to build up your abdominal core, I would definitely suggest doing this! Just not on a daily basis.
I hope you guys like my 2 cents on Chloe Ting’s 2 week ab workout! I enjoyed this routine as much as I resented it. Lol. See y’all soon! ❤️
Hey everyone! Today I’m back with another super easy DIY! I got really inspired by this dress from the brand, Pepper Mango. I didn’t want to spend $90 on a dress that I’d probably wouldn’t wear anyways. So, I decided to DIY it! I’ve seen a lot of people recreate this styled dress into tops or skirts, so this DIY will work with any of those clothing pieces as well! Let’s get started.
1. Things you’ll need:
– A dress (mine is from Walmart. Any kind of dress will work!)
– Some fabric. Make sure your fabric is somewhat stretchy. This will come in handy when you are making your strings.
– a measuring tape or ruler
– a marking utensil
– a safety pin
– A sewing machine or needle & thread.
2. The first thing I did was measure the length of my dress. Starting from the armpit going down. I did this to see how much fabric I need to cut. You’re going to cut 2 pieces of fabric into rectangle shapes. These rectangles are going to go on the inside of the dress. This is what your strings are going to go through. I made my rectangles 3 inches wide by 27 inches long. If it is too long (longer than your dress) make sure to cut it right above the bottom seam line. I just made mine a little longer because you should always make things longer than they are when you’re sewing. The rectangles do not have to be these measurements specifically. I just wanted to make sure that it was big enough to where my strings would fit through easily.
3. The next thing I did was cut the strings. I basically just cut them as long as the fabric I had. Approximately 60 inches long. You can make your strings real fancy if you want, but I don’t have the patience for that. I just pulled on the strings and that made them roll up. Hence, why you should get fabric that is somewhat stretchy, so it rolls up. (Sorry for the blurry pics)
4. Going back to our rectangles we cut out at first. I’m going to mark the center of them to make it easier to sew and pin onto the dress.
5. This next section will be a bit time consuming, but I promise you, it’s worth it! You’re going to set your rectangles at least a pins length worth (about 1-3 inches) away from the armpit. I just did this to make sewing a bit easier. Match the middle of the marking on your rectangles with the seam line in the dress. Then start pinning the middle, the edge of the left and the right. Pin this all the way down to the bottom of the dress. Again, if the rectangles are longer than your dress, make sure to cut it above the bottom seam line.
6. Once you’re done pinning everything down, you can go ahead and sew 3 straight stitches. I recommend starting with the middle first. Also, make sure your sewing on only THAT layer. I had a lot of issues with sewing on to other layers, which is so frustrating. So make sure to always check to see if your sewing on only that layer!
7. When you were all done sewing, you should have two holes in your rectangles, where you were going to insert your strings.
8. And lastly, take your safety pin and attach it to your string. You were going to feed it through one hole, all the way up. Then going right back down into the other hole. Repeat on the other side. Then pull onto the strings to your desired tightness. Then you’re DONE!
I hope you guys enjoyed this super easy DIY. Please try it out for yourself because it’s so easy. Thank you guys for checking in and see you guys soon! ❤️
Long time, no see! I literally can’t believe it’s April already! Here is my monthly follow up of the things that I did in the month of March! Let’s get started!
I got my ears pierced! I’ve been wanting to get my second piercings for awhile now, I just wasn’t sure what the recovery process of it was! I got my cartilage piercing awhile back and it took more than a YEAR to heal! So, I guess you can say I was a little traumatized from that! But all is good now! I actually really want to get my third piercing now! I’ll probably do that in the summer time!
I started acting lessons again! I started acting lessons last year in April and I stopped for a little while, due to traveling and business schedules for both my teacher and I. I just started again and I honestly really enjoy doing it! We do lessons through Skype. So, it’s not too bad! It’s really fun to act with someone who knows what they’re doing! I really enjoy acting and hope to do something more with it in the future!
I’m going to be totally honest. I feel like I didn’t do much in the month of March, since this was the month that everyone got quarantined. I hope everyone is dealing with this okay! My thoughts and prayers seriously go out to anyone who is dealing with this virus. I personally stay home everyday already, so, it’s really not that much different from my everyday life. I actually babysit my younger brother at home. Which is really fun, but it can definitely be boring. In a way, it’s kind of embarrassing to say that because people my age are graduating college, but not me. I guess that’s for a different story!
The coronavirus itself has gotten out of control though. It’s really scary to know that anyone can have it and they won’t even know it. Not being able to go out to stores or even the state parks anymore has gotten really sad. I don’t mind staying home, but not being able to go to coffee shops has been boring!
Hope everyone is taking this time to re-evaluate life and focusing on theirselves!