Hey guys! Today I’ll be sharing with you some of my tips and tricks on how I keep my hair (somewhat) healthy + how I style my hair!
I unfortunately don’t have any tips how to grow your hair. My hair just naturally grows long super fast. It just genetics for me. I apoloigze sincerely about that!
Let’s get started:
STARTING OFF WITH SHOWERING:
- I wash my hair basically once or twice a week. It really depends on how I feel. Haha!
- In the shower, I only shampoo my roots and condition my ends. When I put condition on my hair I let it sit for about a minute. Does it do anything? Not sure, I just saw someone say that they do it and I wanted to give it a try. I’ve been doing it and seems like my ends are softer.
- The shampoo and condition I use are, OGX Biotin & Collagen (Shampoo) and A Garner Fructis (Conditioner).
(Just want to give a little side note, that I am trying to finish up these products before trying something newer and cleaner. I want to make the switch to using more vegan/cleaner products. Unfortunately, I am the only one who uses these products ATM and I don’t want to waste them. If you have any suggestions on products, let me know down in the comments!)
AFTER I SHOWER:
- I use Jojoba Oil in my hair (right after I get out of the shower). Jojoba oil is great as it hydrates and moisturizes. I don’t use this on my scalp specifically though because it does make it very very oily! (Only use it on scalp if you plan on showering right after!) I only put this on the middle to ends of my hair.
- I use a Claw tooth comb! This just works better as it is easier to clean when my hair comes out and probably more sanitary than your regular brush! I do use this in the shower as well when I apply my conditioner!
THE DAY AFTER I SHOWER:
- I don’t put any HEAT in my hair the day after I shower!!!! No styling, no tying up, not even brushing!
- I only use hair clips! I barely use hair ties anymore! Basically only when I workout. (Only sometimes though)
- I use the Conair 1 1/2 inch curler.
- I always always always use heat protectant spray!!!! I use the Tresemme one! Not only does it protect your hair from the heat damage, but the performance of heat protectant spray effects the styling in a positive way. Meaning, I feel like it curls better than it would without the spray.
- I barely straighten my hair, if I do, its for photos. But that’s rare, you’ll usually see my hair curled!
- I NEVER curl the ENDS of my hair!!! I just started doing this and it really has helped my hair! This causes less damage and less split ends!
- I sleep with silk pillow cases.
- I haven’t cut my hair since 2018. I’m due for a trim. lol
- I haven’t dyed my hair since 2018. (trust me, I really want to! I’m just poor.)
- When I put my hair up into a bun, I try not to put my ends in it. I might look weird asf, but I try to help out my ends as much as possible.
- I don’t blow dry my hair, only air dry!
- I don’t put my hair up with a towel, if it’s dripping, I just pat it with a towel.
That’s pretty much it! I feel like I don’t do much to my hair, but I do want to start incorporating cleaner products into my routine. Hope you guys enjoyed this blog!