Hey everyone! Today, I’ll be talking about the ultimate self care\self love routine! These are things you can do once a week, twice a week, or even once a month. I’ll be discussing 2 different routines I do. One of them is a self care one and the other one is to feel beautiful. Now, let’s get started.
- Turn on some good music. Music is such a blessing. It can change your mood instantly and it can turn any mood into anything. Listen to podcast if you like or watch youtube videos.
- Eat all your favorite foods. Treat yourself. Eat that doughnut, cheeseburger, and have that chocolate milkshake. Go out to the store and buy all of your favorite foods and indulge in it. You deserve to treat yourself like the QUEEN that you are! Some of my favorites are doughnuts, ice cream, cookies, muffins, hot wings, mozzarella sticks, onion rings, etc… you name it. Calories and carbs, who is she? She doesn’t exist right now!
- Take a bath. I don’t know about you, but I LOVE a good bath. Don’t worry, I don’t take just baths and I don’t take them too often. (But if you do that’s totally okay too). Burn a candle, pour yourself some wine, put a bath bomb in your tub or bubbles, and relax. You deserve it after work being too long or school stressing you out. Don’t go on your phone, just close your eyes and give yourself at least 5-10 mins to rest and reflect on the day. Put on a face mask and pamper yourself.
- Read a book or watch your favorite movie. Find a good book and read it! Watch your favorite rom com and eat your snacks! Some of my favorite movies are 13 going on 30, any Disney movie, 50 first dates, and many more! Get off of your phone and be by yourself.
- Get off of your phone. I will keep mentioning this one because I cannot stress to you how much we are on our phones. It’s actually kind of embarrassing how much we are on our phones. Sometimes when I’m with people I get mad if they’re on their phones and not physically communicating with me. Yes, I’m calling out my mom and my boyfriend. ShAkE mY hEaD. Seriously though, take this time to disconnect and be by yourself. Instagram will still be there, she’s not running away anytime soon.
Now, moving onto my other self love routine I do to make myself feel beautiful.
***DISCLAIMER*** You DO NOT need any make up or retouches to feel BEAUTIFUL! We should all feel beautiful naturally! This is just something I like to do when I want to boost my confidence. I am not saying we all need make up to be happy. Please don’t come for me or take this too seriously.
- Do your makeup. This is pretty obvious, I know. Make up is such a confidence booster and it can make your attitude change real quick. I personally don’t know how to do make up that well, but even with just my basic natural looking make up, i feel instantly better! Natural beauty is amazing too! Make up isn’t something you need to feel beautiful or confident!
- Do your hair. Again, doing your hair is obvious, but I feel like hair is such a statement piece to the body! Curl it or get a blow out, hair is something that can change a look really quick! I was blessed with very thick hair and I love my hair curled! I can hide my bit forehead underneath it if I have too!
- Buy a new outfit. Girl, you deserve it! Go out and treat yourself! I don’t know about you, but I love to shop! It instantly makes me happier when I get new clothes to wear around!
- Take pictures. Now, I know this isn’t everyones cup of tea, but if you like to take pictures like me, do it! I LOVE taking pictures! For me, it’s a way to get more confident in my own skin and get creative! You don’t have to get TOO creative, but just try out different poses! If you don’t have anyone to take pictures of you, don’t worry. iPhone’s have self timer now. lol.
- Hangout with someone who makes you laugh. This is the last and final thing I will be talking about. Hangout with someone who doesn’t judge you and makes you feel good for having a face mask on. Whether its your boyfriend, girlfriend, friends, mom, dog, anyone. When you want to feel good, you want someone who is there to make you smile. Surround yourself with things that’ll put a smile on your face. If you enjoy your own company, there’s nothing wrong with that at all!
Don’t forget to treat yourself with kindness. Your body is your fortress, treat it like a queen! Pamper yourself and enjoy everyday!
- Emily ❤