HEY GUYS! Tie up shirts are sooo trendy right now and stylish, but it sucks when you can’t find them in a color you want or a pattern you like. So, here I am showing you guys how to make these yourselves!
Let’s get started!
Things you’ll need:
– any shirt you want, mine is from old navy for under $5.
-writing or marking tool
1.The first thing I did was cut the shirt in half. (Front layer only)
2. You’re also going to turn this into a vneck tee. So, measuring 9inches from the center cut you made, to the neck lining (diagonally), make the vneck and cut it out!
3. This next part might be a little confusing, but just try to stay with me. From the center cut, you’re going to measure 2 inches horizontally by 12 inches vertically from the bottom of the shirt. This is going to make the ties for the shirt. Repeat on both sides.
4. You’re going to be left with a rectangle with the rest of the shirt. Go ahead and cut that out. (Front layer only). Make sure not to cut off the ties! Go ahead and curt if the back. (Straight cut)
5. I went ahead and cut the ties a little shorter and cut the neck lining off so you don’t have that awkward thing sticking out or so you don’t have to tuck it in.
6. That’s it!
Super simple and easy to do! I hope it was easy to follow! Please watch my YouTube video down below, if you need more instructions!
Much love! Xoxo